Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2901 MLVA Lamp Goes off intermittantly.

Good morning to all
    We have been having the issue of the MLVA lamp going of spontaneously with increasing frequency. I have changed lamps at various times and the machine often starts the lamp up but it may go out in a little while or much later. Opening and closing the lamphouse sometimes is enough to get it to right itself. At other times, going into do an MLVA setup (after lampchange) but then exiting, will get it on the go again. When it becomes more intractable, re-installing the software usually provides a solution for a reasonable (weeks) period.
    I see that there was perhaps a similar query in 2009 and a link referred to another post, but the link no longer works.

Any ideas from the font of knowledge and wisdom, that is the Forum?
    Regards
    Russell

I think you should check two things:

1. High temperature around MLVA power supply PCB: check cooling fans and add more cool air if needed.

2. Defective MLVA power supply PCB: swap Scanner PS and MLVA PS for checking.

Comment

• jmabilal
      jmabilal commented
      Editing a comment
      you can also check the connectors starting from MLVA power supply up to MLVA lamp house

hi If you need any parts for 2901 please contact me we have a parts for sale please e mail me - minilabrepair@gmail.com
    Thanks

Comment

You must to change lamp power supply.

Comment

We changed the power supply which has to all intents and purposes fixed the problem, and we can run for days now without issue, but if we put the filter (brand new/clean) on the MLVA lamp house, it will go off again. This was not the problem previously as the lamp would go off even with the air filter removed. All filters are clean and the fans are working. The ambient lab temperature is not hot and is air conditioned. Any further thoughts for a total fix?
        Many thanks.

Comment

i will be very happy if u can change de lamp power supply and let me known.

Comment

I assume you are are getting the MLVA lamphouse safety thermostat activated error now rather than the MLVA lamp has burned out error?

If so, I would replace the large cooling fan as I've know these to intermittently stop and start on there own!
            Ensure the fan is fitted so it is blowing the air out of the lamp house rather than sucking air in.

For some reason a lot of machines seem to have the fan fitted blowing the wrong way.

Also check the small fan is working too.

Comment

Yes it was the Safety Thermostat Activation error message, though we did get the MLVA burned out message on occasion as well. Replaced the fan with a new one- air direction is correct. small fan working. Has been good since so put the air filter back on and was fine for a few days and then problem recurred. Removed the filter (new and clean) and it has been fine for a couple of days again. Troublesome....!!! Had swapped the lamp power supply previously, will pay attention to the fans there, but filters clean, boards dust free etc etc and no obstructins to air flow.
              Does anyone have any further wisdom to add to this issue?

Comment

What is the temperature of your shop like?
                To me it sounds like the ambient temperature is simply too hot. Anything above 30oC is too hot.

Possibly the over-temperature stat is being a bit over sensitive, maybe you can put a washer under one of the fixing screws of the stat to allow a bit of an air gap to the sensor.

You can try swapping the large fan to a more powerful one.
                The fans fitted to the left processor door (where the rep pumps are) are a bit more powerful!
                There were issues with the Panaflow FBL 12G24H fans, though I would have thought all of those fans would have failed by now.

Comment

The shop is air cond and wouldnt get to 30C (the crew would revolt!) The fan is now an aftermarket one (2650rpm) which has a flow of 132 CFM. the Panaflo was 2200rpm but I couldnt find a flow spec. The new one is only slightly noisier and it seems to be moving plenty of air. Where exactly is the safety thermostat located as I will give the washer a try? Many thanks as always.

Comment

I will try to get a picture of it for you.

Comment

Maybe the later power supply's voltage is too high!

Comment

Dear Kodakman7,
                        It have a simple checking when MLVA lamp turned off,you check power supply pilot lamp[Green Lamp on the power pcb]Light or not.If it off that means lamp power supply is faulty and if it on the problem must be in your lamp house cooling section.

Comment

Originally posted by lingqu View Post
                          Maybe the later power supply's voltage is too high!
                          I'm sure the problem is resolved by now as this post was started over a year ago!

Comment

Yes this problem has resolved though not with a clear definitive action. Fans changed, filters cleaned etc etc and it just finally reduced incidence over a period and hasnt recurrred. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X