Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2901--8mm sharp band across the printing

HI , we experience a new probleme of printing on a 2901
    we have an 8mm line across printings , not totally fade but in which density is like (-50%)
    when we put a piece of paper in front of the MLVA head there is a lack of light in that place
    as if light in that place is half blocked ,
    in idea,
    thanks for your interest

Hi!

Can you upload the picture to know more about the problem?

Comment

Scan Sample

here is a scan of a 15x21-cm picture sample

scan

Comment

Have a read of this http://www.minilabhelp.com/forum/Bla.../m-1198805428/

Have a try at this http://photolabhelp.com/showthread.p...Check-this-pic.

Comment

thank you NORITSU HELP my case is like that of the first thread , we have tried every thing except that of the FBS (uniformity pattern 1),
          finally we exchanged the MLVA HEAD and the probleme was cured
          do you think that using FBS can cure this probleme whitout having to replace the MLVA head
          ALSO when I do "LOAD VOLTAGE AJUSTEMENT" I remarked tant the mlva light is blinking twice repeatedly
          the first one is the light comes out good
          in the second one the light coming out from the mlva head shows a blackout of 8mm at the same place where the prints come out translucid
          ANY IDEAS

Comment

I would say that if the uniformity pattern 2, 3 & 4 do not give improved results generally the problem will be with the MLVA head itself.

The flatbed scanner mainly is used to correct fine lines and defects.

I'm guessing the load voltage adjustment having a dark spot of 8mm in the same place as the line on the print is because of a problem within the MLVA head itself, basically it can't control the liquid crystal shutters properly in that particular area.

Glad you got the problem solved with another MLVA head.

Comment

chekabdel,
              where did you get your MLVA head so fast ?

Comment

got one from a broken 2901
                5000 USD

Comment

Thank you guys for your help

Comment

Excellent price, well done!

Comment

Good morning Gentlemen
                      I seem to have had the same problem occur 2 days before I am due to go on holiday to the UK!!! An 8mm wide 50% density strip in th esame place.
                      However, I do have a s/h machine I bought 2 yrs ago for parts JUST IN CASE.The machine was working up till decommisioning. So my question- is it worth the time trying all the component testing routines or do I go straight to the changeover of the MLVA? I am uncertain whether I got the MLVA initial data or any backups with the machine at this point. Can a changeover MLVA be got up to speed in these circumstances in 36hrs? What wisdom and precautions are there in changing an MLVA head over?
                      Thanking you in anxious anticipation.

Comment

I pesnonally would make a service data backup, then try doing the uniformity pattern 2, 3, 4 & 1 (in that order) first.
                        If that fails, then change the MLVA head.

Comment

Alternate test routine didnt improve things. Changeover MLVA did the trick. All good now (for the time being!) Many thanks

Comment

It was quite smart to have spare lab for parts...:-)

Comment

Great. I bet you're glad you bought that spare machine now!

Comment

Working...
                              X