X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagate request failure

My QSS 3011 just turned blue and then gave me this error. It asks for a disk to be inserted and hit enter but I don't seem to have the disk that it is asking for.

The QSS-3011 runs 2 SCSI hard drives in a RAID 0 configuration.

I suspect one of the hard drives has died.

You will need to install a new hard drive and carry out the Windows recovery and QSS Software re-load.
    I hope you have a good backup of the QSS data, otherwise it's a painful job of setting up the machine again from scratch.

Comment

I have the floppy backups that I do every night. Is that what you mean by backup? I have a recovery CD and all the QSS software. I don't seem to have a Windows CD though.

Comment

Great, yes that's what I mean by backup.
        You don't need a Windows CD as the Recovery CD will load Windows and all the drivers for you.

The procedure is below.

Put the R016-00 recovery CD disk 1 into the CD drive, reboot the computer.
        After the recovery is done, load Windows service pack 4.
        Then load the QSS main system software.
        Now load the profile data and all option software CD's.

Now load in your backup data from F, Menu, Extension, Maintenance, reading and writing data, reading data.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. I ordered the hard drive and have my computer guru looking at it now. The procedure is very helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X