Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emulsion number change

Hi.
    I'm using Noritsu QSS-3701 minilab and have some problems with paper tests.
    When I'm doing Emulsion number change - test new paper , photos look great. But after closing down computer/machine after workday I noticed than the day after machine "forgets" these corrections. So on next day I do the Daily setup for 15,2 Fuji CA glossy. It looks ok. But other paper prints look awful. I assume that when I'm testing new paper with new emulsion number , machine should remember correct correction values for that particular Em.number.
    So my situation is I need to tests all papers everyday. So every one paper test, machine spits out three paper tests. That's over an hour of testing every day/
    Has anyone have idea what can be wrong?
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with chemistry. Maybe some error in software that makes unable machine to remember correct values....

Are you running more than 1 different type of paper?

Comment

Yes. I run also Kodak Endura VC Silk for photobooks. But I use it like once a week. So I test it only before I do photobooks

Comment

So is there any hope you can help me with this issue?

Comment

I would try doing the initial setup again.
          Make a data backup before you do anything just in case of any problems.

Enter the service mode by going into maintenance, menu, then press the F1 key followed by the F9 key. Enter 2260 for the password.
          Now go into Maintenance, Extension, Setup, Initial Setup.
          When that has completed do the magazine registration/setup for each magazine in Setup, Laser setup, Magazine registration/setup.

Comment

When I go to Maintenance, Extension, Setup, Initial Setup I chose 15,2 fuji glossy. Test is done and in the table I can see Setup Ok. Then I tested Kodak Endura VC with this initial setup. But after those 2 setups I can see Setup OK next to Kodak Endura paper. Setup with 15,2 fuji is "-"

So should I only do this main test with 15,2 glossy and then do magazine registration/setup for other magainzes?

Comment

You need to do the initial setup on the paper type and size you use the most. This will probably be the 152mm Fuji glossy in your case.

For the Endura paper register it as a second paper type (type 2) in the paper registration screen.

Then do the magazine/setup on all the other sizes of Fuji paper.
              If you have more than one size of Endura paper ensure that it is registered as No.2 not No.1 in the magazine registration screen.

If the Endura is 152mm make sure it is set on a different magazine number! Something like 152(3).

You only do one initial setup. All the other setups are paper registration/setup (for a different emulsion type) and magazine registration/setup for the same paper type.

Comment

So... There was a problem with CD, strip shown that it was not good. After replaceing CD I did initial setup, then paper registration and at the end magazine setup for all other papers. So after everything I've done weekend passed and it seems like machine still doesn't remeber settings but it is not noticeable as it was last week.....

Comment

Have you checked that the machine is replenishing the CD properly? Maybe this is the cause of the drifting.

Comment

There was a guy who changed the CD using starter and he checked pomps if they pump proper amount of chemistry. And they do. We saw that on first rack ( where CD is ) cacked dirt and we thought it could cause CD to loose its chemical properties. SO we cleaned it, put new CD and checked pomps, ran strip. And after weekend seems like a little better. But it's not enough.

Comment

You need to find out what made the CD go bad in the first place.

Maybe process a control strip daily to ensure the chemistry is not deteriorating each day and causing your balancing problem.

A possible cause is the wrong chemical has been put into the CD rep tank, so each time it is replenishing it is slowly killing the CD.

Also check the float switch in the CD tank is moving freely, as if this gets stuck the machine can keep adding water which dilutes the CD

Comment

Thank you for your answers. I will do it and let you know in a few days.

Comment

Sorry for such a delayed feedback. The real problem was the calibration tile. It wasn't dirty but had little scratches. Beisides... calibration tile should be replaced every 2-3 years, right? Ours is since 2006 So after replecement everything seems to be ok. Anyway dear Noritstu, thank you for your answers.
                          Last edited by beck19; 03-08-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X