Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QSS-3203 Shutting down after MB changed

HI All,
    The motherboard on our 3203 died and I have replaced it. I had to change the operating system from W2K to XP. I've install the QSS software and I had no problems with the installation, except that when the QSS software starts it gives an error 1801-8000, Execute software upgrade Colorimeter Unit. I click yes to start the upgrades and everything looks ok until it gets to 72% of the Colorimeter Unit upgrade and then shuts down the computer. There are no errors or anything that I can see. Has anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

Please check the serial port of colorimeter or power supply colorimeter.
    Last edited by spectrumcolors; 10-09-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Hi spectrumcolors,
      I've checked the power to the colorimeter and it looks ok. Is the com port setting different then the default settings?

Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

I don't know what mother board you are using, so I just suggesting you to change the COM port settings and I am sure it would work,

Comment

Will give it a try with different port settings.

Thanks,
          Paul

Comment

Just letting you know I got it working in the end. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard View Post
              Just letting you know I got it working in the end. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
              Paul
              What did you do to get it working?

Comment

I tracked down a motherboard that had Win2000 drivers so I could install win2000 instead of XP, and that seemed to fix the problems.

Cheers,
                Paul

Comment

Great. Thanks for letting us all know the solution to the problem.
                  Glad you got it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                  X