X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARCNET 6901-0008 - QSS2901

Good afternoon all- my 2901 woke up Sunday morning showing ARCNET errors of various numbers which progress through the start up. Commences with 6901-0008 (Processor) then 6901-0080 (Image Processing PCB) then 6901-0090 (Scanner AFC) then 6901-001E incl 'paper advance section' and 'printer' .
    The machine hadnt been moved or any maintenance or intervention. Closed down one day fine, started the next with errors.I thought it may have been a loose/poor connection on JP85 on the ARCNET PCI card but error continues .
    I have checked all connections, and trimmed the end of each FO cable to no avail
    I could not locate any ARCNET diagnotics on the 2901 as I have seen referenced for other models of lab.
    I have relocated the PCI card to a new slot also.
    I have a spare PCI ARCNET card from a machine that was (as far as I know) working normally but doesnt seem to provide any reflief so I am down to the various PCB's.
    I was going to reload the softwares but thought I had read somewhere that doing so in a communication error state would be calamatous

Is there a more likely culprit..............?
    Image processing PCB or Printer control PCB?
    What about the Image Processing RAM?

Hoping for some guidance so that I can minimise the disturbance on this lab etc
    Regards and thanks in anticipation
Working...
X