Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i Repair MLVA Head?

Dear sir,
    Here Have 22 Machines in my country(Noritsu-2901)under my Technical support. Some machines was trouble by MLVA head.
    It produce a thin colored line on the printed photo from a specific area(perpendicular banding).
    I Repels all the head by Another one.Recently i'm seeing another some machines create the same problem.
    Now i'm thinking how can i Repair MLVA Head?
    Have anyone any good idea?pls share me.

NOTE:-how can i Repair MLVA Head?what have inside the Head?pls discribe me step by step.

In most cases only one part becomes faulty on MLVA - ceramic plate, where mounted shutters. If to replace this ceramic plate and adjust position MLVA should be working again. Just one problem - where to get new ?

On ceramic plate there are 80 elements with shutters ( TB1 - TB40 on the bottom and TB41 - TB80 on the top ) . Just enough one faulty element and you have line, noise, or something else. It is easy to find which element cause it. Ceramic plate can be repaired.

If you have wide line might be broken MLVA pcb, which is inside MLVA ( at the top - under the cover ) . Also it can cause bad connections between board and ceramic plate. MLVA pcb can be repaired also.

When have unstable uniformity, or color changes ( usually after some time paper balance becomes brown ) then fault inside drive voltage pcb. It is typical fault - many times had to repair these boards.

Comment

This is error on QSS 2901. It shows on picture after one stormy night, when machine got overheated ( timer was set normal, but all temperatures) was above 1.5C normal. When we cooled down all, and reset machine, we got this error. So this error ( as I can read) can be broken PCB above head or ceramic plate: where ceramic plate is located?
      I found PCB and left in one service with microscope so it can be repaired is necessary)
      Any suggestion we be welcomed,
      Last edited by pepi; 10-01-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Try replacing the drive voltage PCB J390638-00

Comment

Thanks for suggestion: will try!

Comment

Originally posted by Noritsu Help View Post
            Try replacing the drive voltage PCB J390638-00
            I checked electronically and PCB is looks OK. Please look at second image: that is high magnification of part of image: and as you can see every second line is 50% weaker in light then line behind or forward: if those lines are 50% stronger, my image will be perfect.
            So with this new fact does you have any new idea. I have no other then buy refurbished MVLA head ( if you dont have any new idea)
            Thanks for answer

Comment

Before replacing the MLVA head try this procedure.

Perform all these steps.
              Clean the integrator section underneath the filter wheel where the MLVA connects to, clean the dichroic filters and reflector in the MLVA lamp house, fit a new MLVA lamp, clean the front surface of the MLVA head. Now try the below procedure.

1. Initialize the MLVA data.
              2. Del unf_m_nai.dat (on C:\Noritsukoki\QSS-29\Data folder)
              3. Perform Inner Calibration Correction Adjustment.
              4. Carry out the Load Voltage Adjustment.
              5. Carry out Uniformity Pattern 2.
              6. Carry out Uniformity Pattern 3.
              7. Carry out Uniformity Pattern 4.
              8. Del UNF_FB.dat (on C:\Noritsukoki\QSS-29\Data folder)
              9. Copy the UNF01.dat file and paste it on desktop.
              10.Rename "UNF01.dat" on the desktop to "UNF_FB.dat"
              11.Move the renamed "UNF_FB.dat" file to Data folder mentioned in item 8.
              12.Perform the Uniformity pattern 1:
              - Choose the paper magazine.
              - Choose "Pass": to Cancel and skip the test print.
              - Start the Uniformity measurement with the calibrator.
              - Press "YES" key
              13. Confirm the print quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Noritsu Help View Post
                Before replacing the MLVA head try this procedure.

Perform all these steps.
                Clean the integrator section underneath the filter wheel where the MLVA connects to, clean the dichroic filters and reflector in the MLVA lamp house, fit a new MLVA lamp, clean the front surface of the MLVA head. Now try the below procedure.

1. Initialize the MLVA data.
                2. Del unf_m_nai.dat (on C:\Noritsukoki\QSS-29\Data folder)
                3. Perform Inner Calibration Correction Adjustment.
                4. Carry out the Load Voltage Adjustment.
                5. Carry out Uniformity Pattern 2.
                6. Carry out Uniformity Pattern 3.
                7. Carry out Uniformity Pattern 4.
                8. Del UNF_FB.dat (on C:\Noritsukoki\QSS-29\Data folder)
                9. Copy the UNF01.dat file and paste it on desktop.
                10.Rename "UNF01.dat" on the desktop to "UNF_FB.dat"
                11.Move the renamed "UNF_FB.dat" file to Data folder mentioned in item 8.
                12.Perform the Uniformity pattern 1:
                - Choose the paper magazine.
                - Choose "Pass": to Cancel and skip the test print.
                - Start the Uniformity measurement with the calibrator.
                - Press "YES" key
                13. Confirm the print quality.
                Hi!
                I found on more that one place this exact text, but problem appear even on third step. I go to the service mode, and list all options but there is no option under number 3 and 4
                Can you give me more precise instruction? Or at least point me where I can found more detailed step by step instructions
                Thanks

Comment

Enter the Service Mode:

3: Menu → Extension → Maintenance → Various Adjustment → Printer Mechanical Adjustment → Gain adjustment

4: Menu → Extension → Setup → MLVA setup → Paper Specification Registration/Setup → F- Functions → Load Voltage Adjustment

Comment

Hello. Do not think that you checked electronically drive voltage pcb. I'm sure, that you do not know how this board should work. I repair these boards, so know what I say.
                    I think you have two problems:
                    First faulty drive voltage pcb ( that's the reason why you have red - brown test print with bad uniformity ) .
                    Second fault - broken MLVA head ( element on ceramic board ) , MLVA controller ( board under the MLVA unit top cover ) , or connectors between them ( that's the reason why you see light line ) .
                    First have to find, which MLVA segment doesn't work and where it is ( top line, or bottom ) . What is line width? Did you print your tests on 305 mm paper, and we see whole MLVA exposition?
                    When you know all you can find what is wrong there.

Comment

Originally posted by Minilab service View Post
                      Hello. Do not think that you checked electronically drive voltage pcb. I'm sure, that you do not know how this board should work. I repair these boards, so know what I say.
                      I think you have two problems:
                      First faulty drive voltage pcb ( that's the reason why you have red - brown test print with bad uniformity ) .
                      Second fault - broken MLVA head ( element on ceramic board ) , MLVA controller ( board under the MLVA unit top cover ) , or connectors between them ( that's the reason why you see light line ) .
                      First have to find, which MLVA segment doesn't work and where it is ( top line, or bottom ) . What is line width? Did you print your tests on 305 mm paper, and we see whole MLVA exposition?
                      When you know all you can find what is wrong there.

I think that first is not problem red/brown is because there is no data in MLVA , I can manage to get "normal" test print ( from white to black) with nice set of uniformity , but of course with lighter strip. As in previous case, lighter strip when enlarged show every second line with 100% exposure , and every first line with 50% lighter exposure.
                      All those test you suggest will be done tomorrow, and I will put scans of those test here.
                      Your help is very appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X