X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banding on QSS-34Pro

We bought the "refurbished" qss-34 a few months ago and it seems to have one problem after another. I have a light banding that is progressively getting worse on prints coming off of it. The banding is on the leading edge of the prints as they come off of the printer and then dissipate. The light banding has been there since we got it. I've tried everything the people we got it from have said to do to fix it, such as the Paper pressure operation correction but to no avail. There was also a darker more solid black banding line that ended up being fixed when they sent us a replacement exposure drive/advance unit. However the light banding has never gone away, and recently has started to get worse. Any suggestions for what could be causing this problem or for a possible fix? I've attached two samples of the banding. Thanks for any help!

Check the level of the machine is good. Make sure the floor is solid.
    Check the pulley bearings for the drive belts on the 1st arm unit, and on the 2 arms on the top paper advance unit, it's normally pretty obvious when they are worn out.
    Most of the time the banding is from the laser advance unit, check all the drive belts and pulley wheels are clean, and that the belts are not frayed.

See the attached for banding troubleshooting

Comment

Working...
    X