X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paper folding

Hello all! I have a noritsu qss-3211 and I'm beginning to receive some folding on the corners, primarily when i print my 8X10s. Any ideas?

Check the rollers A069411-00 on Dryer Rack Unit.

Comment

Do you happen to have a diagram of where that is? Nowhere in my manuals does it give me part numbers for individual rollers for the drying rack unit.

Comment

Comment

wonderful, thanks for all the help!

Comment

I was able to locate those rollers and cleaned them well, however I did notice a good amount of wear on them..so I intend on replacing them once I locate a store that carries them. I've uploaded a photo of the top of my drying rack, as you can tell...there is a lot of wear on those rollers, one area in particular...and then I noticed a line that goes through a handful of the other rollers as well. Any idea what could be causing that line? Again, I appreciate the help...I've only been working with this machine since August and I'm continuing to learn.

Comment

From your photo the dryer rollers look pretty good, there is nothing out of the ordinary there, just normal use marks and wear.
              Personally I don't think anything needs to be replaced in you photo.

I would check the crossover rollers and grey bushings are all in good condition.
              You need to check if the corners are being damaged before they enter the dryer.

Comment

Are you talking about in the 7th turn rack? or just the crossover rollers in general? There seems to be wear in that area as well. I've attached photos of those rollers, along with an image of our paper folding...which might give you a better idea of where it's coming from. I'm not sure where to look for the grey bushings to check the status of those.

Comment

I'm talking about the crossover rollers in general. The No.7 rollers are not too bad, you could just file off the raised part and it would be like new again.
                  The grey bushing are the parts that hold the rollers in on the crossovers. The holes elongate causing the position of the rollers to be incorrect.

For problems like this you need to find out exactly where it is happening by taking the print out of each section at a time.
                  When the prints come out of the dryer are they straight or are they twisting?

Comment

Thanks, I'll look there this morning. How would I go about checking a print after each section? I've always been told the processor door needs to remain shut during production. The prints are coming out of the dryer straight. Is it safe to assume that this would be occurring closer to the drying rack, or should I be checking all rollers/bushings in all of the turn racks?

Comment

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I gave the turn racks a solid cleaning, and i printed with no folding for quite some time...and then I ran out of paper, changed it, and the folding returned.

Comment

It could be happening anywhere? I would take the prints out just before they enter the dryer just to eliminate the possibility of it happing before the dryer.
                        If you put a magnet on the sensor that is just behind the No.5 filter (look at the black plate, the square section that sticks out is where the magnet needs to go) the drive will run with the cover open.

Comment

The paper folding subsided for quite some time, however it has returned. Could the temperature of the building have anything to do with this? It is significantly colder here in the winter months.
                          The folding is now happening on my 10x8s and my 10x7s.
                          We had a tech come over the summer to verify a green aom drive issue, but never asked about the folding at the time because we couldnít reproduce it. He mentioned that my cd/bf lower belts were worn, so Iíve replaced those without any help to the folding. Something that I find curious is that the folding always tends to be the strongest at the beginning of a new roll.
                          I havenít been able to disable the sensor to allow me to check to see if the folding occurs before the drying rack. 1-Iím still unable to locate this sensor and 2- How would I be able to grab the print before it enters the drying rack if all the top processing racks are still in place?

Comment

KBeerling, To "bypass" the "processor cover open" error - On the processor cover, closest to the operator, look for a little (approx.) 1"x0.75"x0.25" black "thing" (around rack #5) That is a magnet. Place a strong magnet directly on the processor body lip where the "built-in" magnet would be positioned when the cover is closed and use some tape to make it stay put. Then you can run all the paper through the machine you want and physically observe the paper move through the chemical processor section. -- You can even remove the crossovers and manually check the papers as they come out of each bottom rack, then place/guide the paper into the next rack to check the next rack.

We had something similar on our QSS-2901 when we dropped the paper guide (that long thing directly underneath the top crossovers with lots of little teeth pointing towards the dryer) and one of the teeth got dented "in". The paper, as it went through the guide, would get snagged on that one bent tooth and the leading edge would get mashed pretty good, sometimes even stopping the paper and causing paper jams inside the #6 bottom rack. Had to bend/file away part of the tooth to resolve the issue.

Is the problem you are having in the exact same spot (ie: top left corner) on ONLY the 10" paper ? or 8" paper ? Could it be the paper cutter blade as it cuts the paper that could be causing this ?

Check the paper path from the magazines to the exposure deck too to rule out if the paper is getting folded there too. - There is another one of those little black magnet things on the door to the paper magazine loading bay too. Just bypass it as well and check that out if the problem is not happening in the processor or drying sections.
                            Last edited by DJ; 01-10-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I've narrowed down the issue to the first crossover and/or processing rack. The folding does not occur when i take the first crossover out and observe the paper, however it is noticeable when I take the second crossover out and observe it then. Now that I've located the problem, I'm not sure which issues in that area I should be looking for. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X