X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fujifilm Pearl Paper Calibration

Hi all, hope someone can help me out with this one.

Im having a hell of a time getting the pearl paper to print correctly on our F370 (recently aquired).

From what i can tell its all setup correctly.

Mag Reg = Glossy / Type-A

Now when i do the cond setups they do come in after about the 3rd one which is normal on pearl in my xp, i know pearl is a little harder for the denso to read.

Anyway, the prints are comming out over exposed, the highlights are blown out considerably, and i know for a fact that this should not be the case, not only as the photo looks fine on regular CA gloss paper but also because we had a F590 before and the pearl exposed perfectly with the same test image.

Iv read the manual on pearl paper setup and they state to use as Glossy and Type-A, which i have.

Any help with this one is much appreciated, iv tried initializing the paper and this helped a little but its still miles off. The auto correct is disabled on the DI too, so i should be getting an untouched image, it must be the pearl paper setup or maybe a faulty denso - AD300 although the machine reads it as an AD200 however they're the same unit inside, the only difference being the AD300 takes 12" i beleive...

Thanks in advance.

pearl problems

put a strip of scotch tape on the magenta square before you put in densitometer, I know it sounds wrong, but that is what fuji told us to do and it works great.

Originally posted by mattkingston View Post
    Hi all, hope someone can help me out with this one.

Im having a hell of a time getting the pearl paper to print correctly on our F370 (recently aquired).

From what i can tell its all setup correctly.

Mag Reg = Glossy / Type-A

Now when i do the cond setups they do come in after about the 3rd one which is normal on pearl in my xp, i know pearl is a little harder for the denso to read.

Anyway, the prints are comming out over exposed, the highlights are blown out considerably, and i know for a fact that this should not be the case, not only as the photo looks fine on regular CA gloss paper but also because we had a F590 before and the pearl exposed perfectly with the same test image.

Iv read the manual on pearl paper setup and they state to use as Glossy and Type-A, which i have.

Any help with this one is much appreciated, iv tried initializing the paper and this helped a little but its still miles off. The auto correct is disabled on the DI too, so i should be getting an untouched image, it must be the pearl paper setup or maybe a faulty denso - AD300 although the machine reads it as an AD200 however they're the same unit inside, the only difference being the AD300 takes 12" i beleive...

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks ill give it a go, does it have to be any particular colour of tape or just clear?
      Thanks again.

Comment

nope, just clear scotch tape. Hope it helps

Comment

Thanks ill try when i back in work.

Do you recommentd re-initializing the paper and use the tape each and every cond setup sheet (usually takes 2-3)

or

should i start the cond setups again and on the last one only put the tape on the magenta sqaure?

thanks.

Comment

You don't have to re-initialize just start reading, once you get this starting point(using the scotch tape over the magenta square) It shouldn't take that many, but you have to use scotch tape every time you read a Pearl paper condition setup. The scotch tape is just frosted enough to allow your densitometer to read it.

Originally posted by mattkingston View Post
            Thanks ill try when i back in work.

Do you recommentd re-initializing the paper and use the tape each and every cond setup sheet (usually takes 2-3)

or

should i start the cond setups again and on the last one only put the tape on the magenta sqaure?

thanks.

Comment

OK iv been trying all day but to no avail.

I guess it may be my denso at fault, ill try and get another one to try, unless you have any other things i could try?

thanks for your hrlp with this one.

matt

Comment

Working...
              X