X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meetings, free agent reliever Casey Janssen, late of

SAN DIEGO - As baseballs hot stove heated toward a full boil with the start of the annual winter meetings, free agent reliever Casey Janssen, late of the Blue Jays, wasnt planning to attend. Pete Rose Jersey . Im close to signing, Janssen told TSN.ca via text message. Beyond that, Janssens situation is vague. Its believed a number of teams have inquired about the veteran right-hander, whos been clear that his desire is to land in a spot where the dollar value is fair and he has a chance to win. Being a ninth inning guy, a spot in which Janssen excelled for most of the past three seasons with Toronto (81 saves), is not his top priority. Janssen said hes encouraged by the market, believing that teams are placing an increased value on seventh and eighth inning arms. He cited the four-year, $36-million contract left-handed reliever Andrew Miller just signed with the New York Yankees. That deal, however, surely is an outlier. I think Millers unique, one being left-handed and I know people talk about hes a closer, hes not a closer, when you look at the season he had, I dont know that theres anyone to compare him to, even the last few years. Thats why I think his contract is on an island, said Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos. Everyone knows all the other relievers that are out there but theyre not comparable. Janssen reiterated that hes not closed the door on a return to the Blue Jays, although no formal offer is on the table. He hopes to have a deal in place by the time the winter meetings wrap up on Thursday. Chuck Klein Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Robin Roberts Jersey . The 25-year-old native of Milford, Conn., has 18 points in 41 games this season. The five-foot-eight 166-pound centre also has 28 points (10-18) in 15 games with AHL Oklahoma City.The BC Lions are close to filling out their coaching staff for the 2014 season. They named Mark Washington as their defensive co-ordinator on Thursday and appear to be closing in on an offensive co-ordinator. Khari Jones and Doug Sams are two of the four remaining candidates in the Lions search. They plan on doing the final rounds of interviews next week, but likely wont make a hire unntil after Christmas. Tommy Joseph Jersey. Jones, 42, is currently the quarterback coach for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He was the offensive co-ordinator for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 2011. Doug Sams was the Edmonton Eskimos offensive co-ordinator last year. The Lions and former offensive co-ordinator Jacques Chapdelaine mutually agreed to part ways in November. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys ChinaNFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Working...
X