Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 102 with Order Station software on HP Photo Kiosk...

I am having a problem with our HP Creative Studio/Photosmart retail photo system of order kiosks & fullfillment server that we have available at our store for our customers to use, acquired from and once supported by HP's now-defunct RPS, or Retail Photo Solutions (aka Retail Publishing Solutions). Since that department (and any support for RPS equipment) is no more, I'm going to give the forums here a try, to see if there are any other fellow users & photo retailers here on photolabhelp.com who are familiar with HP's RPS retail hardware & software that can be of assistance.

The trouble I'm having is that every time I start up the kiosks running the HP Order Station software, instead of loading the photo product design templates and going to the main menu, I keep getting an error message of "Error 102 - The HP Order Station cannot connect to the Order Manager at this time. Please try again later or contact a store representative for assistance" (or something worded to that effect), with a "Retry" button on-screen that does nothing but to bring up the same error.

This happened after I had to erase & restore the hard disk of the fulfillment server, since the software (HP & Silverwire Order Managers) was constantly rejecting and erroring out Photo CD orders (print and other orders went through fine). I tried all I could to troubleshoot that, making sure the Rimage software for their CD duplicator was running, et al, but it didn't want to budge. So I restored the hard disk from an older hard disk image from October 2013 (it had the same and most current version of order manager software) to try to clear up the problem, to revert it to an earlier state (which I tried with Windows' System Restore, but this did nothing). Now, it's caused another problem by not letting the kiosks connect to it (which doesn't make sense, because the kiosks have the same software on them back in 10/2013 as well). And the network connection between the kiosks and fulfillment server is fine--I'm able to RDP to the kiosks from the server A-OK.

This has become an extremely difficult problem for me to fix, due to the discontinued nature of this machinery, and the manuals that came with the system are too general in being of really any help for this error I'm getting.

Has anyone else ever run into this "Error 102"?

Thanks,
    Ryan Schweitzer
    IT, Video & Media Technician
    Bob's Photo, Bismarck, ND
    www.bobsphoto.com

Working...
X