X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noritsu V30 Film machine circulation pumps stop

I get error 24 circulation pumps stop. The pumps actually keep running, however, the heaters turn off. I have changed the pumps at fault, the PCB1 and PCB2 boards. I have checked the cover micro switch. I have checked all of the pump, heater, level sensors and the connectors. While the pumps run in the input checks it shows them off. Does anyone have any ideas?

The pump rotation signals goes to Power PCB 2 (J340012) and then on to the Main CPU PCB (J340033)
    Unplug all the pumps, then plug in one pump at a time and see if goes to "ON" Sometimes 1 faulty pump can effect the signal for the other pumps.

If it never goes to "ON" on any pump in Input check the problem will probably be the Main CPU PCB, as you have already tried replacing the Power PCB 2.

You can turn off the pump error in Standard Setting 3 in the service mode.

Comment

So, I have replaced both of the boards you mentioned. I have now done the pump check as you suggested. Most of the pumps run and list as "on" in the input check. Pumps 1-3-5 won't change to "on",however, they still run. I will check the pumps and I have a spare Noritsu 3011 for parts I can take from and exchange pumps if they are not clogged. When I read DC voltage across the wires I get Red and Black 24 VDC

Comment

In my previous post I meant to say pumps 3-5-7 won't change to on. So an update. I cleaned the three pumps indicated to no avail. I changed pump 3 to no avail. Can one bad pump indicated for three being off? Could this be a fuse? Any other suggestions?

Comment

There are no fuses for the rotation side of the circuit. If you have 24V on the pump, the fuses will be OK.

Try swapping the connector from P4 (J/P141) to P3 (J/P140) (P4 is working normally according to you) If now P3 (BL) shows ON and P4 (FIX 1) OFF then the pump is bad or maybe the pipes are blocked.
          If there is no change, probably there will be a problem with the wiring / corrosion on the connectors.

Comment

OK. So pump 3-5-7 where not working. I checked all the connections on those pumps and redid them. I still got the same error. I swapped pump 3 with a good pump I tested first. Now the error reads Pump 3-7 not working. Pump 5 is now working. I also noted that when I did tests earlier and disconnected pump 1 they all stopped working. So there must be some interconnection between the pumps. Tomorrow I shall change pump 7 first and see what happens. I had already replaced pump 5. so I will leave that one until last. All of the tanks and chemistry lines run freely as I blew them out when I had the pumps disconnected. Do you have any more wisdom to share? I thought I should mention, I greatly appreciate the help. I have been working in the industry all my life and have always repaired my own equipment. Sometimes it is frustrating and to have someone point you in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

They can behave strangely sometimes, I've had a similar situation on a V100, a few pumps were showing as OFF, replaced one pump and everything went back to normal.
              All I can suggest is to test one pump at a time, you need to know all the pumps are working individually, then you can start to connect the rest of the pumps up one at a time while monitoring the input check display.

Comment

I am testing this morning and I have changed pump 3 twice. It does not show as on and yet it runs. When I hook it up the pump 2 power feed it shows as pump 2 "on". Pump 2 is hooked up to pump 3 feed and is shows"off". Would this point to the board?

Comment

So I have changed pumps again. I run them not hooked up to the plumbing to ensure they are turning and still pump 3 and 7 show as "off". I have tried several pumps in each location and come up with the same thing. Could there be some wiring either on the temperature sensors or the heater elements or the float switches that are causing the error? They all show good in the input checks.

Comment

Ideally you need to check the wiring is all good with a multimeter. The white wire on the pump is for the rotation sensor. Check the continuity between J/P140 Pin 3 and J/P83 Pin 9 It should be near to 0 Ohms. If the wiring is good, probably a circuit board is faulty. The float switches temperature sensors etc have nothing to do with the pump rotation detection. Attachment

Comment

It reads 00.6 Ohms. So is this to high, should I replace the wire?

Comment

The PCB is a new one and the old board gives the same error. Is there a way to jump wire these two pumps so they indicate "on" in the system? They are running so I am not worries about overheating or burning out a heater element. It seams to be a communication problem between the pump and the system.

Comment

0.06 Ohms is Good. Which PCB is a new one? There are 2 PCB's that the pump rotation signal goes to.
                          Power PCB 2 J340012 and Main CPU PCB J340033.

As I have already said you can easily turn off the pump error in Standard Setting 3 in the service mode.

Comment

I've send you a Private Message.

Comment

Thank you. got it. I will turn off the error and see if the chemistry will heat. If so I am off and running. I have replaced both PCB1 and PCB2. As the error was the same after switching to new boards I could try switching back. I will follow up on my progress with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X